Joe Reger tagged me on the 8 Random Things meme while I was on vacation. Here you go.
1. Deeper am I technically than most people expect (updated due to comments). Joe is the person that made me aware of this.
2. I do not care for pets. They smell. With the possible exception of fish.
3. I drive a 2001 silver/black BMW 540i six speed. I really like it and intend to keep it until it dies. I purchased it for myself as a 40th birthday present. Wanted the M5 but it cost about 60% more at the time. Guys, and only guys, still tell me from time to time “nice car”. It is really quick. The first week I had it I got a “car ticket” doing 79 mph on the 75/85 connector. Everybody goes 79 on the connector.
4. In 1995 the Kokomo Kid did not want me to get an AOL account because she feared she would become an online widow. I never got the account, joined the industry instead, and her dream comes true from time to time as I get immersed in Internet companies.
5. I had a deep seated fear of water due to an experience in a storm in my youth. I decided to overcome this by learning to scuba dive. I now have a healthy respect for water and an advanced open water certification.
6. In high school I was a jock and dated cheerleaders. The less said about that the better.
7. I am a political purist. Which means I really don’t care for politics of any type.
8. I practice yoga. My practice is dedicated to my personal goals and values. I recently started putting the kids to bed at night by talking them through Savasana.
I am going to pass this to the top eight links in my blog roll that I know personally.