Not too long ago Michael Tavani of Scoutmob fame announced that he was leaving his day to day role there. Shortly thereafter he launched Switchyards, a consumer brand incubator focused on design and based in Atlanta. On June 6 Switchyards will be hosting a consumer design weekend accelerator event at Scoutmob. Given my experience running a few Startup Weekends I will be lending a hand to run the gathering. Here are the details.
- The focus will be on launching a working product.
- Concepts will be pre-vetted with a heavy focus on consumer centric design concepts.
- Five or six teams will participate.
- Each team will have 2 devs, a designer, and a marketer.
- Demo night is the Thursday after the weekend so the weekend can be spent building out product not presentations.
- Demo night will be Thursday June 12 at 7:30pm. It will be open and social.
- Cost is $65 which includes food and a t-shirt. Notice I did not say drinks. BYOB.
- Register here for the weekend.
- Register here for demo night.
You can keep up with Swithyards via their newsletter.